Application privacy issues can be difficult to understand. Our Mobile App Ecosystem Webinar describes the permissions and data flows on how these apps share your data.
In addition, here are a few useful sites and videos that help explain major mobile app issues and concerns:
1. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) - The FTC’s easy to navigate guide provides a basic Q&A for those new to using mobile apps.
3. Vodaphone - This fun, animated video illustrates how mobile users’ privacy experiences are affected by decisions made by other global participants and the many geolocation issues that arise in the mobile environment.
4. Mobile Ecosystem – Independent researcher Ashkan Soltani provides a visual display of the entire mobile geolocation ecosystem.
5. Column Five Media and Lookout – Use this Infographic to visualize the range of personal information on your mobile phone and the various privacy issues that may arise in use.
6. The Wall Street Journal – Have you ever wondered how cookies are used to track you? This Wall Street Journal online video explains the invention of cookies, their use by advertisers, and the privacy concerns that accompany that use.
7. Kelley Drye & Warren LLP – This hour long webinar on mobile apps is for users who want an overview of the mobile app legal landscape. This Kelley Drye & Warren LLP webinar also provides useful discussion about the mobile ecosystem as well as privacy and security considerations to keep in mind while using apps.